makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Friday, July 21, 2017

Hello from the other side of childbirth! My littlest girl is now almost 6 weeks old but she is still very much a curled up ball of sleepiness and hunger. I'm not really one for birth stories - I'm not sure why - but let me just say some things were the same, some things were different, it definitely doesn't get any easier, and it hurt like crazy! I am very happy to have her snuggled up against me, night and day, and to be discovering who she is and imagining who she will be. I feel so damn fortunate to be doing this all again. And this is very short and sweet because, while the baby is softly snoring, the couch beckons and so does my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...